By: Dr. Gerald Veurink
Treating Degenerative Diseases.
- The secret to treating degenerative diseases such as arthritis, heart disease and strokes etc. is to raise the pH of the extra-cellular matrix. That is, make the ambient environment for your body cells more alkaline or basic as it should be at around pH 7.4.
- You may well ask, why is that important? An acidic environment for your cells amongst other processes, causes a dramatic increase in free radical production so that your body needs far more antioxidants to cope with any disease process. Free radicals are associated with virtually all disease processes.
- So how can you best raise the alkalinity extra-cellularly? The simplest way is to eat only vegetables until you are healthy again.
- consider how much protein your body really needs. Whilst a baby is growing most rapidly, the protein content of the mother’s milk is less than five percent. Not much at all is it? You can easily get that much protein from a variety of vegetables. Vegetable proteins represent a much wider range of varieties, nutritional values and tastes. The most desirable proteins are found in sprouted vegetables such as peas, beans, lentils. Raw seeds and nuts as well as avocado’s also are rich in all the essential amino acids.
- O.K. What about carbohydrates? Vegetables are also a wonderful source of carbohydrates from dry raw broad beans which have 388 calories per hundred grams down to raw mature hot red peppers which have 93 calories per hundred grams. Furthermore, your body is so unique it can make energy from proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Let me explain…. your body converts and assimilates proteins, carbohydrates and fats and one of the end-products of these chemical reactions in the body is glucose. Let me repeat. Your body can make glucose from either fats, carbohydrates or proteins.
- So what are the best vegetables to eat then? All vegetables are great and good for you especially if they are grown organically. The healthiest choices and most beneficial for raising alkalinity are fresh spinach, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, beets, Swiss chard, any of the beans (red, green, broad), lentils, peas, beets, carrots, onions and sweet potatoes. Tomatoes should be limited during the period since they make you more acidic. Other foods and beverages which make you more acidic are, meat and purine rich foods, coffee, cereals, grains, bread, pasta’s and pepsi, coke, and other soft drinks.
- But I need my minerals and vitamins don’t I? Once again you are right, you do need minerals and vitamins. If you check the amount of minerals and vitamins that are in vegetables using food nutrient tables you will discover that vegetables are a rich source of minerals and vitamins. See the food nutrient tables here https://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
- Well, I thought fats are bad for you? Most certainly, trans-fats and saturated fats are unhealthy. However, there are fats which are particularly good for you. Organic cold pressed coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and macadamia oils are very healthy and beneficial for you because they are rich in mono-unsaturated fats. These oils help to reduce your bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the good cholesterol (HDL).
- Moreover, these oils provide around twice as much energy than what carbohydrates do. So if you use 3 tablespoons of any of the good oils per day and stir fry your vegetables, you will have plenty of energy and still loose weight, since the vegetables are relatively low in calories. As a bonus you will also obtain as much fibre as your body needs. Furthermore, by eating stir fried vegetables you will provide your body with an abundant variety of necessary antioxidants both water soluble and oil or fat soluble ones.
- But I’ll get so hungry just eating vegetables. True, if you eat just steamed vegetables you will soon be hungry again because vegetables are digested very easily. But because the vegetables are stir fried the fats help to slow down the digestion of the vegetables and so you will remain satisfied for longer. Remember do not eat again until you are hungry. It is actually best to have six smaller meals rather than the usual three meals a day. This helps to maintain better control over your blood sugars and it speeds up your metabolism effectively.
- Raw seeds and nuts such as walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts as well as any single fruit like an apple, banana, guava, orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit or avocado may be used as a snack. To speed up the process of making your body more alkaline you can also drink freshly made vegetable juices but not fruit juices (which are rich in fructose without the necessary enzymes to digest it effectively and so will raise your blood sugars).
- For variety you can have salads, and vegetable soups instead of stir fried vegetables. For further variety you can have a different vegetable as the main ingredient in a meal containing other varieties of vegetables and you can change the flavours or taste by adding different herbs and spices. Cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, ginger, rosemary, basil, parsley, sage, thyme, celery, peppers, pomegranates, are excellent choices of herbs or spices to add wonderful flavours as well as loads of antioxidants. However, do not use processed sauces as these are often laced with sugar, fructose or high fructose corn syrup which all will send your blood sugar sky rocketing and are associated with the increased obesity problems in many of the western civilised nations.
- Use the salt which is good for you namely unrefined sea salt which has around 84 different minerals in it. As the Bible states salt is good, but that refers to unrefined sea salt. The refined table salt indeed is not very healthy and the majority of medical journal articles detailing negative aspects of salt intake deal with refined table salt. However, to infer from this research that pure unrefined sea salt is not good for you either is flawed science.
- Stay well clear of any man-made, refined or processed foods. That means no cereals, breads or pastas, no coffee, sugar, artificial sweeteners except Stevia and Xylitol. It is also best to avoid beer and any other form of alcohol whilst undergoing vegetable therapy. Instead drink herbal teas, or water.
- The best water is from fast moving mountain streams, glazier water, or its equivalent such as electrolysed water, which is alkaline and rich in antioxidants. Alternatively distilled water, reverse osmosis water or otherwise water filtered through a ceramic and carbon filter. Do not drink tap water as it contains fluorides or chlorine and other chemicals and it often has high alum and copper levels.
- Do all this and be on the road to excellent health without having to consume any chemical drugs or undergoing surgery.
- Further information and research data by the author, Dr. Gerald Veurink is available here “A Radical Approach to Treating Degenerative Diseases”.
Dr. Gerald Veurink is the author of the book “A Radical Approach to Treating Degenerative Diseases”. He is a medical scientist having done his PhD on the Role of Antioxidants in Alzheimer’s Disease. Dr. Veurink has also developed “Els Complete Skin Care Daily Beauty Lotion”, which is a all in one skin care product which can be used as a cleanser, make-up base, all-over moisturizer, day creme, nourishing cream and make-up remover.(ArticlesBase SC #1955642)
Article Source: https://www.articlesbase.com/ – Treating Degenerative Diseases